In this section you will learn:
- Reimbursement rates and procedure codes from the two payers that currently reimburse primary care providers for delivering oral health services to young children.
- Procedures for submitting claims.
For most patients, reimbursement is available for any of the services covered in this course.
Specific billable procedures include:
- Periodic oral evaluation (D0120).
- Fluoride varnish (D1206).
- Family oral health education (D9999). Medicaid only.
Currently, the two primary payers in Washington State are Washington State Medicaid and Delta Dental of Washington.
Many families are willing to pay for oral health services if they don't have other coverage.